Getting Started - General Ledger

Reaction score
Hi, I am the General Partner of a very small (family) Limited Partnership that has no employees, no payroll,....
I do not have experience using accounting software and would appreciate if you could please advise me if "all I need to do" is to insert the appropriate Debit and Credit General Ledger entries into Peachtree Accounting Pro and Peachtree "will do the rest" or do I need to do more than just the General Ledger?
Thank you for you help,
Bob

Reaction score
Yes, you do not have to use the other features like entering bills etc. You can create financials by just entering journal entries.

Reaction score
Yes you just need to enter the G. Entries and the software will do the other things itself. Keep in mind you have to make the chartes of accounts before getting started.

Reaction score
Peachtree is very simple to use. Once you get the hang of it, there won't be a problem.

To make chart of accounts, click "Maintain --> Chart of Accounts"
Alternately, you can use existing chart of accounts. Just choose the option when you make the new company. Then you can add any accounts that aren't already there.

After that, use the general journal to enter the journal entries. Just click on "Tasks --> general journal."
In the journal, you'll enter the account number, account title, and the amounts (debits & credits). Then click save

To view reports, choose the report from "Reports and Forms"

Ask a Question