USA Internship advice please

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been offered an internship with a technology company. They are allowing me to choose the accounting department I will work with. The options that I have are internal audit/ sox auditor, revenue accounting, or the accounting department. I'm not exactly sure what they meant by the accounting department. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I would in your place choose the audit SOX. The experience of resolving corporate disputes and scandals is always useful in the future. This area is in demand in any companies and corporations.

Reaction score
I prefer the auditing department as well.

Inquire what you will do in each department to get an idea of the work and whether it is in line with your interests. Since this likely shapes your career future, make your decision wisely. You would want to have a job that consists of more than just entering transactions into accounting journals / computer software (a bookkeeping job).

Ask a Question